Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added to this blog.
To return to the main page at any time simply click the banner below & for permalinks of posts, click the title.
perceptions are subjective..prepare to be subjected to mine
Friday, March 31, 2006
Monday, February 27, 2006
Just for you starmama....
Seven Things To Do Before I Die:
1. Run my own business
2. Go on a luxury cruise
3. Watch Zoe reach her potential
4. Learn what all those great functions on my camera are!
5. Do a professional photography course
6. Shave my head
7. Get married
Seven Things I Cannot Do:
1. Touch, or clean my bellybutton - I ask surgeons to do it while i'm under..
2. Use a camera properly :)
3. Handle intolerance
4. Spend time wondering "if only"
5. Get into a NOT boiling hot bath
6. Cope with boredom
7. Catch a mouse
Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging:
1. Telling the world about Zoe
2. Recording my thoughts on current issues, and seeing the changes over time - both in my opinions and the issues
3. Self expression
4. 'Meeting' new people I would not come into contact with in any other way (like starmama!)
5. It helps remind me i'm not just a mum
6. Playing with webdesign and learning about coding
7. Reading some amazing writing about ordinary things, and some ordinary writing about amazing things!
Seven Things I Say Most Often:
1. Babe, the bin is just over there
2. I love you
3. Zoe, i'm not going to change my mind!
6. Who's there? (knock knock jokes)
7. Get off that bench! (cat)
Seven Books I Love:
1. Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
2. ANYTHING by Katherine Kerr
3. The Green Mile - Stephen King
4. The Magician - Raymond E Feist
5. All that Remains - Patricia Cornwell
6. Along came a Spider - James Patterson
7. Belgarath - David & Leigh Eddings
Seven Movies/DVDs That I Can Watch Over and Over Again:
1. Dirty Dancing
2. Monsters Inc.
3. How to make an American Quilt
4. Pirates of the Caribbean
5. Coyote Ugly
7. Field of Dreams
5. Mrs A
6. Vancouver Voyeur
Do it, don't do it, I don't mind! I don't always do them either....
Friday, February 24, 2006
List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if theyre any good, but they must be songs youre really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what theyre listening to.
My list is actually 7 songs I recently listened to in a shuffled mix taken from ALL my music on the comp. I can't pick favs so it seemed easier to let the program do the picking!!
- Musicology - Prince
- Amazing - George Michael
- 100% Pure love - Crystal Waters
- She bangs - Ricky Martin
- Sweethearts together - Rolling Stones
- Burn - Tina Arena
- He's a Pirate - Pirates of the Carribean soundtrack
Like I said, if you've clicked your way over here, consider yourself tagged...let me know so I can check it out if you do it too ok?
Saturday, January 28, 2006
It seems as there are a lot of people wanting to know how blogmad works.
There also seems to be some confusion as to what blogmad is.
- BlogMad is NOT a forum purely for talking about blogs. You are more than welcome to talk about your blog and pimp your blog however its an additional bonus and not the main purpose of the site. These forums are the official forums of blogmad.net which is not been launched yet.
- Blogmad.net is a traffic exchange site. One where you go view a blog and get paid a credit, one then uses the credit to purchase various traffic mechanism to your blog such as banners, text links and other traffic.
- Credits can also be used to play various games.
- Blogmad is not a blog directory
- Blogmad is not live. The site is still in Alpha and will only go live as beta on February the 1st. Public access to the beta site will be in March
2 names you go by
2 parts of your heritage
english - convicts!!
2 things that scare you
Zoe not being in my life
2 of your everyday essentials
2 things you are wearing right now
2 favorite bands or musical artists
only two! cmon....ok, george michael
2 things you want in a relationship
tomorrow never comes
your idea of love changes the minute you become a parent
2 things that appeal to you in a man
a working brain - that is used
2 things you want really badly
a black man
a bottle of scotch (preferably at the same time!)
2 places you want to go on vacation
2 things you want to do before you die
see 2 things you want really badly :)
see Zoe be whatever she wants to be
2 stores where you shop
Coles - I know , boring!
2 people i'm taggin
Thursday, January 26, 2006
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup whipping cream
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence or extract
1/2 cup choc chips
Preheat oven to 350F/180C, prepare loaf pan.
Beat chilled cream until soft peaks form, add eggs and vanilla; continue beating till just blended.
Sift dry ingredients and stir into cream mixture along with choc chips until smooth.
Bake for 45-55 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into centre.
If you can come up with any variations on flavors to this one, leave them in the comments. I 'm thinking a orange coconut one would be nice..
2 cups buttermilk
2 tbs vegie oil or melted butter
2 cups self -raising flour
3 tbs sugar
Lightly beat eggs, add oil, then buttermilk.
Sift dry ingredients and fold gently into liquid mixture.
Cook these at whatever size you want. I find I get around 15 pikelet size. Great cold.....
Friday, January 20, 2006
|Your Birthdate: Not telling!|
You tend to be understated and under appreciated
You have a hidden force to do amazing things, doing them your own way
People may see you as strange and shy, but they know little
Your unconventional ways have more power than they (and even you) know
Your strength: Standing up for what you know is true
Your weakness: You tend to be picky and rigid
Your power color: Silver
Your power symbol: Square
Your power month: April
LMAO!! Gotta love these things, they got one line right, can you guess which it is??
Well Vic over at Rosevibe has decided to throw this meme at anyone who hasn't done it yet, which being such a newbie with no friends, is me! So here we go...
Four Things You Love About Summer
1. Swimming at the beach
2. NOT being cold all the time, man I feel the cold
3. Rainless electrical storms at nighttime
Four Things You Love About Autumn
1. Watching trees shed their leaves
2. Seeing Zoe playing in those leaves
3. Shopping for winter clothes
4. Memories of summer - i'm a summer girl through and through
Four Things You Love about Winter
1. Cross stitching - seems i only do this on cold winter nights!
2. Snow - pity i haven't been to the snow in years..
3. Curling up in a blanket on the couch with a hot cup of chocolate/coffee
4. I'm so numb from cold half the time that I don't feel pain much, good for when you stub your toe
Four U.S. Cities that You’d Visit in a Heartbeat
1. Los Angeles
2. New York
4. New Orleans
Four Funniest Movies (in no partic. order)
1. Monsters Inc.
2. Pirates of the Caribbean
3. Down Periscope
4. Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
Four Tear-Jerkers (in no partic. order)
1. Dirty Dancing
2. How to make an American quilt
3. Mr Hollands Opus
4. Forrest Gump
Four Most Romantic Songs
1. Truly, Madly, Deeply - Savage garden
2. Power of Two - Indigo Girls
3. You've got a way - Shania Twain
4. Almost Unreal - Roxette
Four Songs That Make You Happy
1. 100% Pure Love - Crystal Waters
2. Cup of life - Ricky Martin
3. I knew I loved you - Savage Garden
4. Gett off - Prince
Four Favorite Singers/Groups (in no order)
1. Sarah McLachlan
2. George Michael
4. Michael Buble - and so many more I could do a list of 4 artists for each letter of the alphabet!
Four All-Time Favorite TV Shows
1. West Wing
2. The Comedy Company
4. Will and Grace
Four Things You Love About Where You Live
1. The weather
2. Location location location
3. The locals
4. Did I mention the weather?
Four Things You Don't Like About Where You Live
1. The highway just across our back fence (well almost!)
2. At least 4 hours away from any family
3. The truckies driving habits after dark
4. Still has "some" small town mentality
Four Favorite Meals
1. Baked Potatoes topped with cheese, bacon, baked beans, lotsa garlic butter and sour cream
2. Homemade Lasagna
3. Pizza - and not that crap that Domino's and the like serve up and claim is "food"
4. A GOOD veal schnitzel with creamy mushroon sauce
So there you have it, more information about me in one post than you are likely to glean from a whole year of dribbling! Does this mean I can call myself a blogger now??? Now since i'm still all lonely...i'm doing what Vic did, anyone who HASN'T done this, go ahead!
Well it seems as though i'm setting up new ones for all the different things I want to do, and I don't have categories like some. Oh well, this will do what I want it to! Enjoy...and if you don't i'm sure I will!